Our history
https://melcom.com.ua/en/istoriya/

Our history

about-image

As the brainchild of the first five-year plans, the compressor factory is one of the first Soviet tubing facilities that produces thousands of highly productive automatic compressors, vacuum pumps, and gas blowers.

The machines produced by ‘Melitopol Compressor Factory’ operate in Moscow subway nowadays. They were used in preparation of the launch of the first spacecraft with Yuri Gagarin on board. Also, in the first round-the-world voyage of the K-3 Leninsky Komsomol, the first Soviet nuclear submarine, and in the campaigns of the Lenin and Arctic Arctic nuclear submarines. They successfully work at AvtoZAZ, the Volga Chemical factory and the Indian Metallurgical factory in Bhilai, India. Almost every rig is equipped with our compressor. Our products play an indispensable in the following: construction sites, quarries, road maintenance, sewage treatment factories, drying of swamps, milling industry, providing aircraft systems with nitrogen, air and oxygen, etc.

The forerunner of the factory was an old workshop with a small cupola for casting gray cast iron that belonged to the small businessman, Mr. Golubchin, who handed the business over to the Melitopol City Industrial Complex in 1928. In a 6-month period, on the basis of this workshop the following were built: a foundry, machine shop, forge, test station, paint shop, finished goods warehouse, transformer and canteen were built in a 6-month period. On December 23, 1930, the enterprise was confirmed by the State Commission as an engineering factory.

The capitalization of the factory constituted 2 million rubles with 360 employees. The factory produced 1,440 pumps (23% of all the pumps in the country) for reclamation and cotton plantations. 

Since 1934, the factory became subordinate to the Union.

1936 – the first compressor was mastered.

1937 – mass production of mobile compressor stations was launched.

1939 – the factory was renamed into a pump and compressor factory with subordination to the People’s Commissariat of General Engineering.

Before the Great Patriotic War, the factory produced 105 compressors, with a capacity of 6 to 9 m3 / min, 4179 pumps for 19 million rubles.

The factory underwent reconstruction, the number of employees reached 1300 people, 18 and 32 apartment buildings, 4 dormitories, and utility rooms in workshops were commissioned.

In September 1941, the factory was moved to Kataysk, Kurgan Region, where it began to produce military products. 

After the liberation of Melitopol from the Nazi invaders, the factory was came back into operation by the beginning of 1944. In addition to armaments for the front, the factory began producing centrifugal pumps for agriculture.

After the end of World War II, the factory completely switched to the development of only peaceful products.

1951 – centrifugal water pumps were discontinued and the factory was given a name of ‘Compressor’.

1956 – gross output exceeded pre-war by 6 times, and compressor productivity increased by 23 times.

The following facts also indicate the need and quality of our products:

Our cars were often exhibited at VDNH and awarded with diplomas.

In 1972, the ABV-5/2 automated compressor unit at the Leipzig Fair was awarded a gold medal.

The creation by factory specialists of a number of rotary gas blowers allowed the state to refuse to purchase them in Germany. Now with these machines we provide the need for all CIS countries and export them to non-CIS countries.

Since 1976, the factory became part of the ‘Melitopolholodmash’ production association.

Currently, PJSC Melkom specializes in the production of compressor equipment (piston, gear and membrane compressors; rotary blowers; vacuum pumps and units).

HISTORY

SINCE 1934

THE FACTORY BECAME SUBORDINATE TO THE UNION.

1936

THE FIRST COMPRESSOR IS MASTERED.

1937

SERIAL PRODUCTION OF MOBILE COMPRESSOR STATIONS HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED.

1939

THE FACTORY WAS RENAMED INTO A PUMP AND COMPRESSOR FACTORY WITH SUBMISSION TO THE PEOPLE’S COMMISSARIAT OF GENERAL ENGINEERING.

1951

CENTRIFUGAL WATER PUMPS WERE DISCONTINUED AND THE FACTORY WAS RENAMED “COMPRESSOR”.

1956

GROSS OUTPUT EXCEEDED PRE-WAR 6 TIMES, AND COMPRESSOR OUTPUT INCREASED 23 TIMES.

SINCE 1976

THE FACTORY HAS BECOME A PART OF THE ‘MELITOPOLHOLODMASH’ PRODUCTION ASSOCIATION.

×

Feedback

Submit the data indicated on the form. We will contact you shortly to clarify the data on the order.


×
×